Every time my mom makes these people BEG for the recipe. This is a big hit with everyone, especially the kids. We often make two trays at a time.
FOR THE FILLING
2.5 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup taco seasoning
1 12 oz bottle beer (used: pilsner Mexican)
1 cup unsalted beef stock
1 can of black beans, rinsed.
FOR THE SAUCE
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups unsalted beef stock
2 19 oz can red enchilada sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder 1 T of cumin
3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and brown. Drain fat.
3. Stir the taco seasoning into the meat. Pour in the beer and beef stock, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid is almost gone. Be mindful towards the end to stir so you don't scorch the pan.
4. To make the sauce: in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the stock, then the enchilada sauce, cumin and chili powder. Simmer until thickened.
5. Spoon the beef into the center of a tortilla. Wrap the burrito up and place on an oven-safe plate. Pour sauce over the top and top with ¾ cup shredded cheese.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately.
We like to top with home made pico. YUM!